Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Reel Big Fish, "I'd Rather Get It Wrong" from Life Sucks… Let's Dance! (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: As I've remarked before, one of the chief signs that I'm simply not suited to marriage is that, contrary the of-repeated marital wisdom, "You can be right, or you can be happy," I'd rather be right than happy. The Reel Big Fish sing of the conventional wisdom, with which I disagree, but they do so in a winsome way.
"I'd rather get it wrong with you
Than right with anybody else,
I'd rather sing along with you, out of tune,
Than sing it all by myself.
And you sure drive me crazy,
But at least we're on this road together, baby,
And I'd rather get it wrong with you
Than right with anybody else…

"I'd rather get it wrong with you
Than right,
I'd rather get it wrong with you
Than right,
I'd rather get it wrong with you
Than right with anybody else."

No comments: