Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Lord's Day: III

Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
Hank Williams, "I Saw the Light" from Hank Williams: 40 Greatest Hits (St. Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary:
"I wandered so aimless, life filled with sin,
I wouldn't let my dear Savior in,
Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night,
Praise the Lord, I saw the light!

"I saw the light! I saw the light!
No more darkness, no more night,
Now I'm so happy, no sorrow inside,
Praise the Lord, I saw the light!

"Just like a blind man, I wondered alone,
Worries and fears claimed for my own,
Then like the blind that God gave back his sight,
Praise the Lord, I saw the light!…

"I was a fool to wonder and stray,
For straight is the gate and narrow the way,
Now I have traded the wrong for the right,
Praise the Lord, I saw the light!…"

No comments: