Monday, February 24, 2003

I know that it shouldn't bother me, but today, for no discernable reason, it does: can someone please explain to me what frat boys and sorostitutues have to do with music?

The fucknuts at Amazon have just informed me that the first season DVD boxset of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is now enroute to me. This news has made me ever so happy. WOO HOO! The greatest of all Treks shall soon be mine! As is fitting and proper, the first season is the weakest of all seven, they were still finding their footing, but even so it contains nuggets of absolute gold: "Duet." "In the Hands of the Prophets." I'm a happy Trekkie.

Year One
It is a prerequitsite for every blogger that he read and have opinions on other blogs. I am no exception. I hate to be so common, but it if hadn't been for other blogs, the august Secret Base, to which you pay such rapt attention, would not exist. My primary inspiration has always been Skeeter's Letters From the Pedestal, the first blog I ever knew about. In fact, it introduced me to the very concept of weblogs. (That one was thrown in for the Pikachu Tamer, since he hates the word "blog.") I have dabbled from time to time in the blogs of strangers, but I cannot become interested in them. Even if I find the writing style interesting, I do not have the emotional context to give a rip what happens to Blogger X when Friend Y finds out about Friend Z's secret. The only exception to this rule would be The Watergirl's Rant & Roar; of course, in the beginning she was the friend of a friend, so it is not as if her exploits were completely contextless. (No THX-1138 are her adventures!) I would say that through mutual blogging, a musical exchange, and emailing, The Watergirl can now be counted amond my friends. Aside from Letters From the Pedestal and Rant & Roar, the only other blogs I read on a daily basis are Dylweed's Transmissions From the Obscure, the Evil Princess's titleless blog, Saturday Night Latham's new blog (to which I am uncertain if I am allowed to link), and the Squirrel King's Unscripted. Not a terribly diverse group, but I'm quite fond of them all, both as bloggers and moreso as people. There are several others which I visit on a more sporatic basis.

No comments: