Tuesday, February 4, 2003

No Lindsay for me, I'm afraid. For whatever reason, she is a wuss and has the hardest time adjusting from Pacific to Eastern time. Consequently, her sleep cycle is way off, which combined with the stress and activity of a funeral, means that she woke up about noon today and called me, still obviously groggy, to tell me she has to leave for Metro at two (right about now); so, we couldn't get together this trip. In a way I feel relieved, since, deprived on the chance to see Lindsay, I have in no way profited from her grandmother's death. At the same time, it would have been nice to see her. Woe is me.

Trivia night at Conor's was about as I expected. There's nothing wrong with Neutral Man's School of Ed friends, they just pale in comparison to mine. It is a point worth making again: my friends are extraordinary people. They are really, truly grand. (I'm not naming codenames for fear of forgetting someone and inadvertantly hurting their feelings.) Lindsay discovered this over Christmas, both at the Blinkies' wedding and the RCY show, my friends are a superior group of individuals. Neutral Man's friends were fine, but I can't say I feel any particular desire to see them again. Two of them are engaged and mentioned wanting to host a Trivial Pursuit party at their house. Before leaving, they made a point of telling me I should come too, or they'd hunt me down and dye my hair back to its original color. As threats go, I found that one rather charming; however, that was the high point of the night's wit. Needless to say, I shan't be joining them for Trivial Pursuit, much though I do love that game.

No comments: