Thursday, July 13, 2006

Deep in the Heart of Darkness... er, Texas
I am moving to Fort Worth, Texas in August.

Boy howdy, it would have been hi-fucking-larious to have simply left it at that, but, as I discovered in an early convo with Skeeter, leaving it at "I'm moving to Texas" is much funnier to me than to the person on the other side of the discussion. Hee hee.

The Mountain of Love has accepted a Young Artist apprenticeship with the Forth Worth Opera, an apprenticeship lasting from August to June 2007. Now that I am (once again) done with school, I couldn't think of a good reason to not move to Texas once the Mountain asked me. For years, I've said that I live my life by the code "I'll do anything unless I can think of a good reason not to." This seemed an ideal opportunity to discover if I am the cowardly blowhard the Dark Bastard insistently whispers that I am or if I'm truly willing to put my money where my mouth is. Has my ego been writing checks my body can't cash?

There will be much more commentary on the move in the remaining five/six weeks until it happens.

Blind, Stinking, Run Around with Your Pants Around Your Ankles Panic
The air conditioner, like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, is dead. The new one will not be delivered/installed until tomorrow afternoon. Gee, there's nothing I love quite as much as sleeping in a pool of my own sweat; so, tonight should be a gay old time.

Have I mentioned how much I hate being doomed?

No comments: