Sunday, July 23, 2006

I've nothing of consequence to say, or rather I have many things of consequence to say - and you all know that no one's thoughts and opinions are more interesting or more right than mine - but having just finished mowing the lawn I haven't the will to commit my oh so interesting thoughts to ye olde internet. I will commit a few uninteresting thoughts, though:

Good Vibrations
I have been thinking about ways to make Armando Ramone (known, though not widely, by the superheroic codenames Reverb and Hardline), the younger brother of the late, unlamented "Detroit League"-era JLA member Vibe (Paco Ramone), a viable character. Step 1: Change his codename to Vibe, in honor of his fallen hermano. (Zach Nie!, insert your own Arrested Development joke here.) Step 2: Have him lead his brother's old street gang, Los Lobos, now reformed as a kind of Guardian Angels-style community watch organization. Step 3: "reunite" the Detroit League of Vibe (now Armando instead of Paco), Vixen, Gypsy, and Steel (John Henry Irons, a character in no way related to Hank Heywood, the late, unlamented Steel of the Detroit League) in a story that could only be called "The Motor City Madman"!

Also, I need to figure out how to work in as many references as possible to the vastly underrated Dan Aykroyd movie Dr. Detroit.

No comments: