Sunday, July 23, 2006

Good luck tomorrow, Skeeter, I know you'll perform magnificently.

Creeping
Having now read four issues of Steve Ditko's amazing Beware the Creeper, I've got an idea for a story called "Yellow Journalism." Jack Ryder is a journalist and the Creeper has yellow skin and I really think superheroics provide an incredibly rich stage for commentary about the sorry state of American journalism (see: Spider-Man and the Daily Bugle). My thinking is of course influenced by Sam Kieth's recent miniseries Batman: Secrets. I may also work The Question into "Yellow Journalism," because Vic Sage is both Jack Ryder's politcal antithesis and an accomplished journalist in his own right.

And I have vague notions of a junior Creeper sidekick-cum-villain named the Yellow Kid.

No comments: