Sunday, January 5, 2014

Operation AXIOM

It was with a heavy heart that I assisted yesterday in taking down & putting away our Christmas decorations, but it was time, or very nearly so. Recent tradition holds that 'tis bad luck to leave the halls decked after Twelfth Night, with falls to-night. Without embarking upon a discussion of whether a belief in luck constitutes superstition, belief in superstition being unquestionably a sin, let's just agree that it would be bad form to leave one's halls decked after Twelfth Night. I objected yesterday, stating that the boughs of holly, etc., should be put away to-day, but I was overruled. In any event, 'tis time. After I publish this post, I should remove the "Keep Christ in Christmas" pin from the lapel of my great coat, having neglected to do so upon my return from church.

For the last time 'til next December, merry Christmas to all!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Twelfth Day of Christmas/the Epiphany
Toby Keith, "We Three Kings" via iTunes, (free) Holiday Sampler (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I love "We Three Kings of Orient Are" to a ridiculous extent. It is one of my favorite carols. Thanks, John Henry Hopkins Junior!

"We three kings of Orient are,
Bearing gifts we traverse afar,
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star…"

No comments: