Monday, January 6, 2014

Project GLOWWORM

The worst part of shoveling show with whiskers? The icicles formed in those whiskers from my perspiration. I know the key to safe cold-temperature exertion is not to perspire, but no one has ever shown me the trick for how I'm supposed to shovel over twelve vertical inches of snow from Wilson Field, a driveway four car-widths wide, without perspiring.

My parents have gotten too old for shoveling snow. I must gift them a snowblower when I move out of the house.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "National Anthem" from B Is for B-Sides (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I love Christmas music, both sacred & secular—otherwise, I would not devote nearly a month of Songs of the Day to such music, but it is also a great source of excitement when the R.B.D.S.O.T.D. returns to its usual free-for-all format.

"My American dream is to have it
A little bit better than my parents ever had it,
My American dream is to have it
A little bit better than my parents ever had it,
My American dream is to have it
A little bit better than its just a force of habit,
My American dream is to have it
A little bit better than my parents ever had it."

No comments: