Sunday, June 18, 2017

24 HEURES DU MANS | 7:32:00

I'm a sucker for British accents, always have been, I've never denied that. I freely admit that over the last twelve hours, in my jolly & fatigued state, I've developed a silly little aural crush on the voice of Gemma Hatton, a writer for Racecar Engineering & contributor to Radio Le Mans. Endurance motor racing is a sausage fest, a heavily male dominated field. A girl? Who likes racing? Who understands more about race cars than I do? With a high-pitched voice & a delightful accent? I am unembarrassed of my silly little crush. Girls are magical, plain & simple.


In G.T.E. Pro, the № 63 Corvette C7.R is leading the class, ahead of the № 91 Porsche G.T. Team 911 R.S.R. in second & the № 51 A.F. Corse Ferrari 488. Of course, it is uncertain where precisely they are in the pit stop rotation & what effect that has on the № 63's position. (There are a lot of moving pieces to this "Grand Prix of Endurance" & I've been awake for a long time; so, I'm not at my most mentally acute.) There are many & many laps left to run. Never say die!

No comments: