Sunday, June 18, 2017

Bonus! Song of the Next 6 Hours

Barenaked Ladies, "Who Needs Sleep?" from Stunt (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"Who needs sleep?
(Well, you're never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep?
(Tell me what that's for)
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting,
There's a guy who's been awake since the Second World War…"
He's Dead, Jim
This is the third consecutive day that finds me awake at 3:00 A.M.: Thursday night (Friday morning), I was on the phone with Miss Mozart. (I promise a Project PANDORA post. Patience, please.) Friday night (Saturday morning), I was adoring the LORD in the Blessed Sacrament in Holy Redeemer's Perpetual Adoration Chapel, my weekly shift. Right now, Saturday night (Sunday morning), I'm watching the 24 Heures du Mans. The only one of the three incidences I regard as unfortunate was the first, for reasons that did not become fully clear until the cold light of day on Friday. I happily give up sleep in order to watch an hour (hours & a half) with the Lord Jesus, & I look forward to Le Mans, as punishing as it is, all year long.

I've read that a key to health & overall wellness is adequate sleep & consistent hours for sleeping. I look forward to partaking of adequate sleep & to maintaining consistent hours for sleeping starting tomorrow—not tomorrow, Monday, 19 June, but Tomorrow, the mystical land of human achievement.

No comments: