Monday, June 12, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day


MxPx, "Shut It Down" from Secret Weapon (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: There was a fascinating & frightening piece on 60 Minutes last night, about the techniques coders use to make online tools & smartphone apps more appealing, engaging, & ultimately addicting. I think I'll stick with my "dumbphone" for the time being, thank you very much.
"Throw away your cellphone, you can talk to yourself,
You need a real friend, not some digital image,
So, what's it gonna be? A chat room or your family?
Don't let the T.V. screen turn into your reality!
Whoa-o-o-o-o-o, turn into your reality!
Whoa-o-o-o-o-o!

"Shut it down before we're all out of time,
We've got to shut it down, this is the end of the line,
This is the end of the line,
This is the end of the line.

"I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die,
But I'm having trouble living,
I don't wanna die, no, I don't wanna die,
But I'm not taking what they're giving…"
Project PORCUPINE
Just for good measure, the PORCUPINE protocols are once again in effect (upgraded from a finite "objective" to an open-ended "project"), meaning I'll only log into the FaceSpace once a week, or less. Earlier today, in light of "Shut It Down" as the R.B.D.S.O.T.D., I posted the following to my FaceSpace "wall":
Project PORCUPINE is once again in effect. I won't be back on the Facebook 'til next Sunday, 18 June, at the earliest. Cheers!
I don't use the Twitter, the Tumblr, the Tinder, the Snapchat, the Instagram, the Periscope, the Pied Piper, or any other social media aside from this old-fashioned bloggy-blog. So, as social-media fasts go, PORCUPINE should prove pretty painless.

No comments: