Wednesday, December 2, 2020

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day

Cake, "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" from Comfort Eagle (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary:
"I want a girl with a mind like a diamond,
I want a girl who knows what's best,
I want a girl with shoes that cut and, uh,
Eyes that burn like cigarettes.

"I want a girl with the right allocations,
Who is fast and thorough and sharp as a tack,
She is playing with her jewelry, she is putting up her hair,
She is touring the facility and picking up slack.

"I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.

"I want a girl who gets up early,
(Gets up early!)
I want a girl who stays up late,
(Stays up late!)
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity,
(Uninterrupted!)
Who uses a machete to cut through red tape.

"With fingernails that shine like justice,
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass,
She is fast, thorough, and sharp as a tack,
She is touring the facility and picking up slack.

"I want a girl with a short skirt and a long, long jacket…"

No comments: