Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I make no secret of the fact that I oppose change. This is not an iron pronouncement; I am not against all change. A lot of change is necessary and beneficial. However, the fact remains that I am generally against change. Case in point, the new Blogger interface is vastly inferior to the old interface. If this had been the Blogger interface when I started blogging, I would have used a different service. Once again, this demonstrates that Pyra Labs blows.

This past weekend, at the Final Blowout at Macho Grande, I drank a Jones Soda. The bottle cap read, "The tide of change approaches." Now, this filled me with dread, as the only fortunes in which I put any stock (not really) are Jones fortunes. (This Blogger thing? No, that's not what the bottle cap was talking about, that's just the guys at Pyra being worthless trash.) "The tide of change approaches" is a harbinger of doom. (Insert Seth's cheerful, "I'm doomed!") Of course, the Bald Mountain refused to see the Jones fortune for what is was; however, when I showed the cap to EPM's roomie Sardine, she agreed with me that a) it's bad and b) change is generally to be feared. We had a lovely conversation about the ill effects of change in both our lives and provided examples.

Anyway, as a result of our conversations at the Final Blowout at Macho Grande (I want to write a book titled The Final Blowout at Macho Grande), I now have a little crush on Sardine. We talked Saturday night and last night, but haven't been able to see each other. I'm going to call her as soon as I'm done here. I have no idea what she's thinking, but if the opportunity presents itself I'm going to kiss her.

No comments: