Saturday, June 21, 2003

There are three places I could have gone today to see my friends: Boof Daddy's "Welcome Back" party for Saturday Night in Midland, Nick the Greek's little sister's open house in the GB, and the Flounders' picnic in Chelsea. Instead of any of those three, I am in Ann Arbor at the Animania screening. It was scheduled months ago and it's summer; so, we're already shorthanded. By my reckoning, I don't have a choice in the matter; I have a responsibility to be where I am.

Still, I don't know what it sez about me that I'm not unhappy to be where I am. Some days, I just don't want to see my friends. Some days I'd rather be around friendly acquaintances than the people I hold dearest in my heart. That sounds awful, probably because it is. "Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a monster."

Damn Good Advice
Don't listen to Blink-182's "Josie" and think about Lindsay on the same day. To be perfectly frank, it doesn't so much bother me that she has a boyfriend. Not anymore, not nearly as much as it once did. What she feels for him has nothing to do with me. The root of my sadness is that I am merely her friend. "She's so smart and independent, I don't think she needs me/Quite half as much as I know I need her."

No comments: