Friday, June 20, 2003

Let me say this about the new Blogger interface: though it initially kicked me out at random moments, the new system has not yet lost a single post and, for the first time in a long time, my archives are consistently accessable. The guys at Pyra are still fucknuts, though.

Public Enemy
Monday night, Guy Zach Nie!, the Professor, Anna H., and I went to trivia night at Conor O'Neill's. The trivia night guy, Jeff, was his usual annoying self, but a grand time was had by all. A beer may always be a beer, but a Guinness is not always a Guinness. At Conor's, Guinness just tastes better. (As happens more often than not, no one was sitting at Lindsay's and my table. Hmm, there must be a vibe or something.) In any event, after trivia night, we decided to play some Art Truck - the greatest video game in the known universe - over at Pinball Pete's. Now, Zach Nie! has quite a sunburn from our half-round of golf on Sunday; it's too red and sore to resist. Near the Law Quad, Jon made his move. Zach, always quick on hs feet, dodged and raised his fists in defense. While they laughed and maneuvered, clearly two friends just fucking around, a U of M cop car approached. The occifer asked to see both of their IDs and asked Anna H. and me to step away. Seeing that there was no way to avoid this ridiculous harassment, I decided to walk Anna the rest of the way back to her place. When I returned perhaps three minutes later, a second U of M patrol car was driving off, the first car was still parked by Jon and Zach, and a U of M patrolman approached on foot. I took a seat on the grass maybe twenty feet from the boys and watched increduously as a fourth police unit, this time an Ann Arbor bicycle cop, rolled up. Four separate police units responded to a Caltech chemistry grad student trying to smack the sunburn of his Pottery Barn employee/agent of chaos friend. Ridiculous.

I suppose I should simply be grateful that I live in a place without any real crime to fight.

Weird Al Strikes Again
This should make The watergirl happy: on "Weird Al" Yankovic's new album, Poodle Hat, there is an Avril Lavigne parody, "A Complicated Song." It's about indigestion and incest and all manner of other awful things. Take that, you faux punk Canuck pixie!

No comments: