Wednesday, July 2, 2003

Hey, on Weird Al's new album, Poodle Hat, does anybody know what's up with the song "Genius in France"? It's like eight and a half minutes long, five different songs-in-one, and contains everything ridiculous about the frogs. Is this Al's own brand of "patriotism," or did he just feel like making fun of France, entirely separate from the brauhaha over Iraq?

I made an Asian man happy!
Today, I'm wearing my Asian Man Records T-shirt. Asian Man is a tiny indie label based in California; Asian Man bands include MU330, Pot Shot, The Bruce Lee Band, the Blue Meanies, and Johnny Socko, et al. As I was strolling past the Law Quad, I passed an Asian man. He looked at my T-shirt, read it (it sez "Asian Man" in both English and Korean; I cannot tell you which he read), and smiled. I smiled back and we continued to walk in opposite directions. I totally made his day. A few years ago, I was wearing this same shirt to the immense amusement of my Poli Sci 428 prof, Prof. Ellis Joffe, one of the world's foremost experts on the People's Liberation Army, the PRC's military. Everybody loves Asian Man.

No comments: