Thursday, July 24, 2003

It's a very Reel Big Fish day:
"I think somebody loved me once
I think somebody loved me once
I think somebody loved me once
But I cannot remember why"

The last two mornings I have been woken up by these workmen doing some loud thing or another to the landscaping in front of the building. They arrive at 7am and park their truck directly below my window. Oddly, it really isn't that upsetting. At least it gets the day started, if somewhat earlier than I'd deigned appropriate the previous night.

Dinner with Skeeter on Friday night and then cake and presents with Mom and Dad on Saturday. It'll be the first time I've seen Her Majesty all summer; certainly tragic, but I suppose I've just gotten used to her not being around. Such is the way of the modern world. I don't know why, but we leave our dearest friends behind to make "a life" amid strangers. I don't want to go to Boston, but I cannot stay here and we do not yet have the wherewithal to found the Blue Tree Whacking House; so, happy trails, my beloved home and fellows, until we meet again.

I'm also discovering that nobody's on AIM in the middle of the day. Yeah, like you people have jobs.

Wilson
My sister dated a gentleman named, spookily enough, Michael Patrick O'Shea* for all of law school. I only met the guy once, at their graduation. Is that weird? Never Girl (does that work?) thought so. She could hardly believe that Evil Lisa had never brought him home in all that time. Huh, how about that? A of all, Her Evilness doesn't come home much herself. B of all, if you liked a guy would you want him to meet Rick and Joyce, especially Rick? C of all, all of this seemed perfectly normal to me. I mean, it wasn't like she was going to marry the guy. Wilsons: we may not seem normal, but we're every more bizarre underneath.

*This is spooky because my name is Michael Patrick Wilson, dimtwit.

No comments: