Tuesday, May 4, 2004

Dead Wings
The Detroit Red Wings are still my team, but we just got outworked by the No. 6 seed. We got shut out in two consecutive games. We didn't look old, we didn't look injured, we just looked like we didn't care enough to try. We got beaten to loose pucks, we made bad passes, we didn't bring our A game. I want us to remember this embarrassment; I want this to hurt. Pain is a wonderful teacher. I want our most hated enemy, the dreaded Avalanche, to prevail over San Jose, destroy Calgary, and the annihilate Tampa Bay. Then they will have three cups in eight years, just like us. I can think of no more fitting penatly for our lackluster performance.

Oh, well, at least with John Navarre gone, I can once again be optimistic about Michigan football. Drat, it's a long time until the fall.

H-A-D
Have an electrical day.

No comments: