Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Have I mentioned that I hate it when one or the other of my parents sleeps downstaris? We have three bedrooms in this house! And another room with an almost comfy futon! You bastards. Is it really that hard to drag your arse off the couch and slouch towards Babylon... er, up the stairs?

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse for The Newsletter
With the first volume of the revival concluded and the second volume chugging along like a well-oiled machine, I think it's time to get drunk on a trumped up sense of accomplishment. Those whom gods destroy they first make proud, which means it's time to enjoy the pride before the inevitable destruction. We all get our comeuppance; so, until then you might as well try to enjoy yourself.

The Line-Up:
"The Hot Plate" by Jim Platte (For the revival, Jimmy was thinking about renaming his column "Plattetudes," but fortunately I was able to talk him out of it.)

"The Last Angry Man" by Mike Wilson a.k.a. Mr. Hubris

"The Neutral Zone" by Brad Dupay (Brad's column for Vols. I-IV was called "The Raised Eyebrow," but neither he nor I was particularly fond of the name. For the revival, he was going to go with the new title "School of Thought," but again, I was fortunately able to browbeat him out of it and install a new Star Trek-inspired title. Woot!)

"Is It Too Much To Ask?" by David Wilson

"Verbal Herpes" by Zach Nie

"Rockopolis" by Kiel Phegley (Kiel submitted a guest column to the old Newsletter, but this is his first volume as a staff writer. I could not be more pleased with how things have worked out. I am exceedingly proud to have Kiel onboard.)

"Best Damn D.P. in Hollywood" by Kevin Stermer (He's a cinematographer... who's blind. Bwa ha! Oh, man, that's funny no matter how many times I see it.)

No comments: