Sunday, May 9, 2004

Her Majesty
I'm kind of worried about Skeeter. I think her first year of law school was even worse than she'd anticipated. Fear not, though, loyal chum, after the first year, law school is a bed of scented roses. You only need to hang on for a few days more, and then you can kill vast numbers of braincells in an orgy of drinking, boozing, and imbibing, followed by yet more drinking.

"Let's drink, drink, this town is so great,
Drink, drink, 'cause it's never too late,
To drink, drink, it's no big surprise,
What words rhyme with 'buried alive'?
What words rhyme with 'buried alive'?"
--They Might Be Giants, "Drink" from Mink Car

In Other News...
Okay, the new Blogger.com look kinda crappy, kinda real crappy. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Well, now I've been to Greektown. We saw The Pirates of Penzance at the Detroit Opera House this afternoon; unlike horrible, horrible opera, Gilbert and Sullivan's operettas are actually, you know, entertaining. Woot! (My thanks to Skeeter for repopularizing "woot!") Pirates! Victorian puns! The Mountain of Love as first a pirate and then a constable! What's not to love?

Humidity has come to Michigan. Words cannot accurately describe my joy.

No comments: