Sunday, June 6, 2004

The Simpsons
People always say that you should give things, people, shows, et cetera, a chance. So, I gave The Simpsons a chance and watched tonight's episode. Before I go on, it should be noted that for many years The Simpsons was my favorite show; my beloved The Newsletter is named after a quote from the show, a quote also used as the publication's motto, "Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter." However, it is because of my deep love for the show that I have been unwilling to watch it this millennium. It is better to burn out than fade away (Barry Sanders's exit versus Michael Jordan's) and for years now The Simpsons has been fading away. It's sad, really. What I saw tonight confirmed my worst fears: Principal Skinner and Mrs. Krabappel almost got married, they slandered the good name of the Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con, and Homer and Marge got married again... in a Klingon wedding. If Matt Groening won't put a stop to this voluntarily, violence may be the only viable recourse.

Fight Club
So, over on Smutty McGee's blog, there is some kid named Hugh who thinks he could "thump [me] if we ever met in some dark alley." His confidence is based upon the fact that he creams his shorts when listening to Guns N' Roses and that I watch too much Star Trek and read too many comic books. He took offense to that fact that he's twenty-six and I called him a "kid." Bwa ha ha! This kid is priceless; next he's going to get mad at me for insulting Slash's honor. Oh, no, some kid named Hugh's going to jump me in a dark alley! "Run away! Run away!" Oh dear Bog, no, some kid named Hugh's coming to get me! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: