Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day
Such is my indignity that I am still outraged! Outraged! In the meantime, news leaking out of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie set is well, not so much actually leaking. Blast! Oh, well. Still waiting for Eulogy and Winter Passing to arrive in a theater near me.

Spidey
I was IMing with Steeze last night and he mentioned that he was going to attend a midnight screening of Spider-Man 2. Earlier yesterday evening, my mother inquired if I was going to see the movie at midnight. To me, both suggestions were very strange. I mean, yes, I read comics, but the only reason I read The Amazing Spider-Man is because J. Michael Strazynski is the current writer. And yes, I greatly enjoyed the first Spider-Man. But even so, it's not like we're talking Star Wars here. The only two films I have ever seen at a midnight screening are Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. I never even considered seeing Spider-Man 2 at midnight until it was suggested to me. This being such a fascinating topic (hey, no one's forcing you to read), what's with the title? Spider-Man 2? Certainly it is descriptive and accurate, it is the second movie based on your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, but as a title it certainly doesn't stir any emotions. Spidey isn't beginning, he isn't returning, it's just the second go around. I think I liked it better when The Amazing Spider-Man was being banded about as a potential title.

Crap
Guns N' Roses

H-A-D
Have a magnified day.

No comments: