Sunday, December 31, 2006

BTW South Song of the Day
Real Can of Yams, "Pontiac Button: Activate!" from Good or Suck! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The last RCY show - not the last ever, just the latest show we've played - was two years ago tonight. I thought about picking one of the three live versions* of "Pontiac Button: Activate!" I have in my library, including the version we played during that fabled show two years hence, but I desired to hear the clean album version. (Our live shows are charmingly rough affairs.) Plus, the album version has a clip from Patrick Stewart's one-man performance of A Christmas Carol!

*We only have two albums worth of songs, so a huge percentage of our catalog gets played every show. I have recordings of shows from June '02, New Year's Eve Eve '02, and New Year's Eve Eve '04. December 30, 2002 has been officially classified as "one of the best nights of my life."


Happy New Year!

No comments: