Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Explorers Club
Question No. 4: the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Astronaut Group 2, nicknamed "The New Nine."





I know the next feature is dreadfully predictable, but take heart, there are only two games left in the season and after this year, if massive changes are not made, I'm done with the Lions forever.

Fire Millen & Fire Marinelli
23-71, Mr. Millen, 2-12 on the year. Have you no decency? I did not wear my Honolulu Blue Lions T-shirt today and making a point of not wearing it most most satisfying. And I was so very, very happy when I saw the final score. Green Bay was the last theoretically winnable game of the season, and for reasons I cannot fully explain I was horrified by the prospect of a win in today's contest. Woot!

Congratulations on breaking Marino's record, Mr. Favre.

2-12, Mr. Marinelli, and goony Jon Kitna, in your opinion the greatest quarterback to ever play the game of professional football, threw two more interceptions and coughed up a fumble, on fourth down no less. That's twelve consecutive games in which Kitna has thrown at least one interception; Joey Harrington's longest such string was six games. Good move there, Rod. How does it feel to be Marty Mornhinweg?

No comments: