Friday, December 8, 2006

Science!
I have never understood the "reasoning" of those who argue that science and religion are natural, inevitable enemies, like mammals and reptiles. Archaeology is a science, and right here archaeology has made an invaluable contribution to all of Christendom: St. Paul's tomb. Science is the tool by which we come to understand the workings of the world, religion is the path by which we come to understand the purpose behind those workings. Hand in hand for the greater glory of all Mankind, the Almighty's most favored children.

Perchance to Dream
I fell asleep last night at eleven o'clock. I never go to bed that early; so, even though I was dead on my feet, I assumed when I laid my head on my pillow that I would toss and turn for hours before falling alseep. Such was not the case, though I did make up momentarily just after one o'clock, falling back to sleep almost immediately.

Anyway, the dream from Thursday night/Friday morning: I was an insane serial killer in a maximum security prison. My partner in crime was there, too. We were both quite mad and so should have been not in prison but in the maximum security wing of an insane asylum. Our lawyers were on the cusp of arranging such a move and we were both as pleased as punch. We spared no effort in sharing our glee with our murderous fellow prisoners. At the end of the dream, a number of them had cornered me and were insering a large needle into my right shoulder, but I awoke before learning its purpose, though I can say for certain that they bore me considerable ill will.

And as if all that wasn't bad enough, I spied nary a trace of Ivana Milicevic!

BTW South Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "How's My Driving, Doug Hastings?" from Losing Streak (Mt. Love)

No comments: