Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Explorers Club
No. LXIII - The Four Chaplains - the Reverend George Fox, Rabbi Alexander Goode, the Reverend Clark Poling, and Father John Washington - killed in action against the Nazi war machine on this day in A.D. 1943.






The Dreadful Sick
Today is the feast day of Saint Blaise, a Fourth Century martyr and the patron saint of, among other things, choking and throats. After Mass, at Father MacDonald's general invitation to the congregated parish, I joined a queue to receive the Blessing of the Throats; I like my religion the same way I like my politics, just that little bit crazy, and the Blessing is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. I'm not sure how much of the improvement of the dreadful sick can be attributed to Saint Blaise, but all the same in my nightly prayers tonight I'll once again ask for his intercession on my behalf.

The patron saint of throats... Catholicism WOW!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Less Than Jake, "Malt Liquor Tastes Better When You've Got Problems" from Borders & Boundaries (T.L.A.M.)

Samstag, 2 Februar
Slow Gherkin, "Drunken Sailor" (live) from Double Happiness (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: