Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Stars My Destination
Godspeed, Atlantis. The usual suspects: B.B.C.link and N.A.S.A.link.

Vote For Kodos
I feel as if I'm in the midst of Arrested Development, "I've made a huge mistake." More in the days to follow as I collect my thoughts and (ever the cynical optimist) gain some perspective, but at this moment in time I detest John Sidney McCain III as ferociously as I've ever loathed any Democrat. I was listening to All Things Considered as I shoveled Wilson Field this afternoon and I literally growled every time they played an excerpt of McCain's speech before the C.P.A.C. Curse that double-dealing liar!

Project OSPREY
I watched the entire game at Assembly Hall (Indiana 83-79 Illinois 2OT) and I still have no idea how the Fighting Illini lead most of the game and held off the Hoosiers to force a second overtime. I especially enjoyed all the kids wearing "CHIEF" T-shirts, a pox upon the N.C.A.A. Long live Chief Illiniwek!



Also, in the waining seconds of regulation time in Illinois-Indiana, I flipped over the ESPN2 and caught the last second shot that allowed Xavier to prevail over Saint Louis, 70-68. Thrilling!

Jumpin' Jack Pratt, the three-point buzzer beater to put Pitt over West Virginia was precisely the ending for which I'd hoped! I have no particular love for the Pitt Panthers, but fuck Bob "Thuggins" Huggins and fuck everyone and everything associated with the "University" of West Virginia. I hope each and every one of you inbred sacks of shit chokes on your own vomit. Go to Hell, Mountaineers! Good job, Pitt.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Mu330, "Pool Party" from Mu330 (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: "You can be a real man if you can do a keg stand!"

Mu330's dark and satirical "Pool Party" should not be confused with the much happier and lighter "Pool Party!" by The Aquabats!

No comments: