Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Explorers Club
No. CLXIII - The Cadillac Northstar L.M.P. (Le Mans Prototype) program, 2000-02.







Bonus: The Diesel powerplants that are so dominant today were not introduced until Audi ran the R10 TDI in the 2006 24 Heures du Mans. So, the gasoline-fed Northstar engine was not necessarily doomed as are, say, the petrol-powered Aston-Martins of today.

This Week in Motorsport
After staying up all night to watch the 24 Heures du Mans, I could scarcely believe how brief the Grand Prix du Canada was. It was over in a blink of the eye! Having to switch gears from the ultimate endurance race to the frenzied sprint that is an F1 grand prix was not ideal, but I really should not tempt capricious fate by complaining about having too much motorsport on my plate. I'm too exhausted to comment intelligently about either Le Mans or Montreal, but will address both in greater depth later. For now, let me just say one last thing about the 24 Hours:



The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Michael Giacchino, "32 Hours" from Speed Racer: Original Motion Picture Score (T.L.A.M.)

"He makes Speedy Gonzales look like Regular Gonzales!"

3 comments:

twg said...

I didn't read the post, but this woman reminds me of her

Mike Wilson said...

Sure, I can see it: freckles, the face flat and broad.

Funkmother said...

... I could scarcely believe how brief the Grand Prix du Canada was ...

Never truer words were spoken. :)