Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Explorers Club
No. CXCVI - Raymond Dart (1893-1988) & the Taung Child (Australopithecus africanus).







Project MERCATOR
I saw Jonah Hex this evening at The Impossible Ingenue's invitation. We saw it gratis at the Flint Institute of Arts thanks to the "College Town" initiative, which includes free screenings on Thursday nights, & yet I still feel as if I was overcharged. Jonah Hex is a wretched, wretched film, the kind of bad that I'd expect from a Syfy Original starring one of the lesser Baldwin bros. It's too late for me, save yourselves.

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Spike Jones & His City Slickers, "Der Fuehrer's Face" from The Spike Jones Anthology (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Why? Because on Tuesday a good-natured buffoon subjected me to the always popular "Stalin was worse than Hitler" argument. Is there really a point to parsing out which was the greater evil? Not unless you're trying, in some small but morally repugnant way, to excuse the other.

"Are ve not the supermen?
Aryan, pure supermen?
(
Ja, ve is the supermen!)
Super duper supermen!"

No comments: