Thursday, October 28, 2010

Project MERCATOR
There is a Halloween "party" at the unofficial campus bar tonight. I really should go, the strictures of MERCATOR rather require me to go, but I would really rather not. There is no guarantee that any of the people I know who say they are going will actually go, & every chance that they'll want simply to imbibe to the point of intoxication & beyond, making them miserable company in any event. The purpose of MERCATOR is to fight my reclusive nature. Attending this evening's festivities at Churchill's would certainly be against my nature. But I have to wonder if doing so would be taking MERCATOR a step too far. I want to be a social animal, I want not to be shut up inside my house & by extension shut up inside myself, but can it be right to ignore the alarums & excursions inside my head, the loudspeaker voice intoning gravely, "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!"?

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Snmnmnm, "Zombie Girlfriend" from Snmnmnm (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: The name of the band Snmnmnm is pronounced "S-N-M-N-M-N-M." Also of note is that "Zombie Girlfriend" was released several years before the zombie craze of the 2000s. At the time, I found all the attention lavished on zombies rather irksome, but I was a fool; the zombie apocalypse was paradise compared to the deluge of pansy vampires under which we are now buried.

"Please don't get me wrong,
I know you've been alone so long,
It's the reason that I sing this song…
Please tell me that is not her thong!
Are you dumb in the head?
She walks with the living dead!
She'll use your brains as sandwich bread!"

No comments: