Friday, August 8, 2014

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today is the memorial of Saint Dominic (1170-1221), priest, patron saint of astronomers, & founder of the Dominicans, formally the Order of Preachers (the "Blackfriars"): Saint-link, Wikipedia-link, & Order-link.

Autobahn
The other day I espied what at first glance appeared to be a wholly white motorcar, white all the way to the road, including the tires! Upon closer inspection I beheld a white Volkswagen Golf with powder blue wheels & white-wall tires. I believe this was the first time I'd seen white-wall tires on a non-classic car. The effect was really quite striking. I've always liked white-wall tires, but outside of the fictional example of Lightning McQueen in Cars had never seen them on a contemporary chassis; I hope I will see more of this in the years to come. White walls!

I only saw the Golf from the left front quarter so I didn't see any of the badges, & I'm far from an expert on V.W. styling, but methinks 'twas a standard Golf, not a sport-tuned G.T.I.

No comments: