Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Explorers' Club, № CDV

The cautionary tale of Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle (1887-1933).









Autobahn
This evening, I found the Lumi, the Distaff Son of the Mousemobile behind a Chevrolet Volt with the vanity license plate BOBCATS. Grand Blanc's sports teams are nicknamed the Bobcats. (Or, as Bob Dole said during his 1996 campaign visit to Grand Blanc High School, the "Fightin' Bobcats.") Charmingly, there was a license plate frame that read "VOICE OF THE," rendering the whole thing as "Voice of the Bobcats." I felt, I still feel an urge to sing the Bobcats' fight song, "Onward to Victory."

Operation ÖSTERREICH
I ate a Clif Bar this morning. The packaging was clearly labeled, "Made with organic rolled oats." Does that make me a damned, dirty hippie?

No comments: