Monday, June 22, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Science Song of the Day

Thomas Dolby, "She Blinded Me with Science" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Vacation Bible school started today. This year's theme is "SonSpark Labs." I act as the master of ceremonies, playing a mad scientist named Professor Peter Petri. (Last year's theme was "SonTreasure Island" I played a ill-defined character vaguely like the Skipper from Gilligan's Island.) O.K., as the script describes him, Prof. Petri is more of an absent-minded professor, but A) I prefer a mad scientist motiff, having long said, "Mad science is the best science!," & B) the costume I was given includes a wig described on the packaging as a "Mad Scientist Wig" that I sport along with a white lab coat & safety goggles. I'm happy as a clam playacting the mad scientist. That I speak to the children about God's love for them is just a bonus.

The best part of "She Blinded Me with Science" is Magnus Pyke's interjections of, "Science!" Also, "Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful!"

No comments: