Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor, "You Don't Know Me" from Way to Normal (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Way to Normal was given to me by a kinsman who is a much more ardent fan of Ben Folds's music than is yours truly. I deleted most of the album from my digital music library, but retained five songs, including, as you may have guessed, "You Don't Know Me."

"I want to ask you, Do you every sit and wonder,
It's so strange that we could be together for so long
And never know, never care what goes on in the other one's head (head),
Things I felt that I never said (said),
You said things that I never said,
So I'll say something that I should have said long ago:

"(You don't know me,)
You don't know me at all,
(You don't know me,)
You don't know me at all (at all)…"

No comments: