Monday, July 27, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day

D Lime featuring Tabago Crusoe, "London Is the Place for Me" via iTunes (Mike Papa Whiskey)

Commentary: "London Is the Place for Me" is from the delightful motion picture Paddington, which we recommend to one & all.

The Loot
My birthday presents are going to be distributed gradually over a period of weeks. My mother was out of town over the weekend visiting her mother, my grandmother, who is ailing & increasingly frail; I will receive my presents from her & my father at some indeterminate point after her return, when we finally have my birthday dinner. The denizens of Xanadu decided not to mail their presents, but to bring them when next they visit, at some indeterminate point in August.

The only presents I received on my birthday succeeded like gangbusters: a book (Where the Writer Meets the Road by Same Posey) & a pin (from D.C.'s Dangerously Delicious Pies) from The L.A.W., Brother-in-L.A.W., the Squeak, & the Shriek. If this is a preview of the treasures to come, then something may yet to salvaged from the worst birthday of my life.

No comments: