Saturday, September 5, 2015

Project BLACK MAMBA

Today we remember Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, M.C. (1910-1997, A.K.A. Mother Teresa), foundress of the Missionaries of Charity: Saint-link ūna, Saint-link duae, & Wikipedia-link Tango; Wikipedia-link M.C..

Commentary: It is interesting to note that the renaming of Kolkata from Calcutta is far less universally accepted that the renaming of Mumbai from Bombay. Methinks this is in large part because Kolata is insufficiently distinct from Calcutta.

Scripture of the Day
Mass Readings
The Letter to the Colossians, chapter one, verses twenty-one thru twenty-three;
Psalm Fifty-four, verses three & four, six, eight;
The Gospel according to Luke, chapter six, verses one thru five.

Urbi et Orbi | Kith & Kin
The mortal remains of my friend & brother Christopher were cremated this afternoon. He was truly a Christ-bearer, & I was abundantly blessed by the Lord with the simple joy of knowing Chris & reveling in his company & his wisdom. I was honored to act as both a pallbearer & the reader at the funeral Mass. The two readings were from the Book of Ecclesiastes & the First Letter to the Thessalonians, but I cannot cite chapter & verse. I wept, I laughed, I thanked the Lord Almighty for the gift of Chris's friendship & example. In my mind's eye, I saw Chris on Dante Alighieri's Mount Purgatory, diligently enduring whatever he must for the perfection of his soul, so as to enter the state of grace that is Heaven. Requiescat in pace, brother.

No comments: