Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Rebel Black Dot Labor Song of the Day!

The Aquabats!, "Cheeseburger Politics!" from Charge!! Special One Year Anniversary Edition (Captain Thumbs Up!)

Commentary: A boss of mine once sagely opined, setting the tone for his workforce, "This job would be great if it wasn't for the fucking customers." Alas, customers aren't always the only thing that makes some jobs unbearable.
"I got me a job, but now I wonder if it's worth it,
So clap your hands if you work for The Man!
Flippin', moppin', cookin' in the Burger Hut, kickin',
Skin all shiny from the grease up in the kitchen,
And why do the managers talk to me
Like they think I really care about a fast food career?
And why do the other kids who work here too
Try to get me all fired, like a even want to work here?…

"So I try to chat it up with somebody here
About anything besides this burger career,
But everybody's grippin', moppin' so no slippin',
No one wants to get caught by someone else trippin',
And why don't the people here make a fuss
Of throwing other coworkers under the bus?
And why don't they see you don't get paid that much more
Playing office politics, like I even want to work here?…"

No comments: