Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Thunder Song of the Day


The Ninjas, "Thunderstorm" from Platypus (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: If I had it to do over again, I would not have begun the thunder theme last week. If I'd been paying attention, if I'd been thinking, I would have anticipated the interruptions of 10 & 11 November, both of which are special occasions here at The Secret Base. I would also have liked to have dedicated some musical time to the general election, A.K.A. Doomsday. Alas! But what's done is done; there's nothing for it now but to learn from the mistakes made & try to do better next time.

I do so love songs of love gone wrong.
"So we'll sit around and wait
For the lightning to strike the same place twice,
But it just doesn't equate,
I think the electricity's gone,
And it's too little much too late…

"So we'll sit around and wait
For the lightning to cook me inside out,
And I don't think I'm O.K."

No comments: