Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The Long Twilight Struggle

We are trying to have a civilization here, & failing.

This morning, Kathryn Jean Lopez, a writer for National Review magazine, asked on her Twitter account for prayers for three women who were in a Planned Parenthood clinic, scared & unsure of what do to. One of the responses was:
"Mind your own business."
Now, as things go in the angry, vicious, & often irrational world of abortion discussions, even without the aggrevating factor of social media-induced sociopathy, this wasn't too bad a response. But the blatant hypocrisy of the commenter not minding her own business by telling Miss Lopez to mind her own business caught my eye & roused my ire. I replied:
"Kindly follow your own advice."
The eventual reply revealed the true character of the "Mind your own business" commenter:
"Kindly stuck a reptile up your ass."
I presume she meant the imperative "stick," not the past tense "stuck," because it remains manifestly untrue that I had ever stuck a reptile up my ass. But even putting aside the obvious grammatical error, this smug individual feels at liberty to tell others to mind their own business, but when she is asked to mind her own business, she replies with suggestions of animal cruelty. I have prayed & will continue to pray for her, with the fringe benefit of knowing this would annoy her if she knew I was doing so.

No comments: