Thursday, April 29, 2021

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril XI

Reel Big Fish, "Thank You for Not Moshing" from Why Do They Rock So Hard? (Rude Boy Mike Papa Whiskey)

Skammentary: I'm too old for the mosh pit. I've been too old for the mosh pit for many years now. Even when I was young, full of piss & vinegar, I always preferred dancing to the rough & tumble of the pit. I was big enough & strong enough to hold my own in the pit, but it was never my preferred way to spend a show. I'm one of the old farts who stands well back from the stage, pretty much in one spot, but I'm not yet old enough that I retreat to the balconey, at least not generally. All that said, sweet fancy Moses, I miss live music! I cannot wait to get back to live shows, to the noise & the dark & the lights & the scents, to the chaos & the ecstacy.
"When I'm in the pit,
I'm gonna punch and kick,
When I'm in the pit, don't you know,
I'm gonna fuck up shit!…

No comments: