Tuesday, April 6, 2021

The Rebel Black Dot Song o' the Day: SKApril XI

The Scofflaws, "Paul Getty" from The Scofflaws (via YouTube) (Rude Boy Bravo Charlie)

Skammentary: Bravo Charlie is an acquaintance from the Twitters, a fellow Knight of Columbus who played in a Cleveland ska band back in the '90s. He's a few years older than me & so far the bands he's recommended are all from before my baptism into ska in 1997, which is a real boon. I could only find a few of the Scofflaws' songs available for purchase on my digital music platform of choice, but the YouTubes came through for Bravo Charlie's nominated song, "Paul Getty:" Ska-link.
"My name ain't Paul Getty,
I been living on spagehtti…

"I got everything I need:
A black suit and a bag of weed,
I got a pork pie hat,
A smile like a Cheshire Cat,
My landlord wants to evict me,
He wants the judge to convict me,
Just because I live my life the way I do!

"It's a total culture shock,
I'm the only rude boy on the block,
Got any ganja, rasta man?
My boss said take a sabbatical,
He said, 'Boy, you're just too radical,'
Now I got to go out and find another job, again!…"

No comments: