Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Blogger was having one of it's periodic spasms earlier today, and would not allow me to post. Then, I'd allotted time and was in the mood for blogging; now, not so much. Also, I ran into Matt *asshole* Lindeman. Oddly enough, today's still been a pretty good day.

45 Things She Wishes You Knew
24. I'm very impressed when you ask for my advice.
Um, okay. Why? In my specific case, I can understand, as I am reluctant to ask anyone's advice, largely owing to the fact that I hold the intelligence of the average person in the same esteem as that of the average dog. So, if I do ask for your advice, it means I must think you're either really smart or have a specific field of expertise that I may find helpful. In general, though, what's the big deal? Are most guys so caught up in their own insecurities that they play macho and won't ask a woman for advice? If so, that's really sad. Sadder still, it's not surprising. If I've solicited your advice, and please don't take this comment to be as arrogant as it will sound, that's one of the highest compliments I can give.

Also, Skeeter, if Anne doesn't know much about the Bible, it's mostly because she was raised Catholic. There is no major faith on the face of the earth that does a worse, more lackluster job of exposing its youth to the beauty of its own traditions than Holy Mother Church.

No comments: