Tuesday, July 2, 2002

The Mountain and I finally saw Attack of the Clones again last night. It had been fifteen days since I'd last seen it. What the hell is wrong with me? I didn't want to go that long without seeing it, and I did have a lot of things going on, but it's my own fault for not making it the priority I should have. Rest assured, "I won't fail again."

I spoke to Lindsay last night. I'm feeling better about California, though still distrubed by Sunday night's festivities. Hmm, "dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is. Mediatate on this, I will." (Seriously, everything I need to know I leanred from Star Wars.) Do I say too much about Lindsay's and my inner dealings? I'm intensely pivate, yet I mention almost everythig we do here. I helps to work things out, if I can get them out of my head and before my eyes, but am I violating her right to privacy? Am I airing our dirty laundry in front of this gawking rabble? "Use the Force. Think." I'll have to give it some thought.

45 Things She Wishes You Knew
10. I get turned on simply seeing that I have an e-mail from you.
This is a complex one. For me, this is absolutely true. A day's fortunes can rise and fall on whether or not I have received an email from her. (Yes, I prefer to spell email as a single, hyphenless word.) I think that is as it should be. I'm thrilled to receive word from all of my friends, and it is thus appropriate that I'd be especially excited to hear from her. Now, the complexities anter in diving what, if anything, she meant to be read into this statement. Linz and I have a complicated relationship, making her comment near the end of our one date very prophetic; "You're going to make this complicated, aren't you?" Though she knows I have strong feelings for her (I've never said to her, "I love you."), we pretend that I don't, so that she has openly discussed in front of me how hard it is to find quality guys and other such matters. Mr. Alber has been highly critical of this practice, but as I have said before his inexplicable affection for SSG renders his judgments void. So, is it insensitive of her to have sent me a list contain an item such as this? Or, is it a piece of advice she believes in, and she feels comfortable enough in our friendship to share it with me? I don't know. It's complicated.

No comments: