Monday, March 21, 2005

Volume II of Star Wars: Clone Wars premiered tonight; the twenty mini-episodes of Volume I are coming out on DVD tomorrow. There are less than two months until the release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. What a time to be alive.

The New and Improved Crucifixion
During his brief career as the Messiah, Jesus was followed by the twelve Apostles: Simon Peter (the Pope!) and Andrew; James and John, the sons of Zebedee; Philip; Bartholomew; Matthew; doubting Thomas; other James; Simon the Zealot; Thaddaeus; Judas Iscariot. Or, as I like to call them, the twelve idiots. I mean, these guys walked around with Jesus; called Him "Rabbi" (so, one would assume they were at least trying to pay attention); saw Him eat, drink, sleep, and poo; and still didn't figure out He was the Son of Man until He told them! And even then, they needed convincing. These schmucks were in the presence of God - not the way you and I are in the presence of God, they could physically shake His hand - but they weren't sure of Him until He was resurrected. They were the Apostles, but they didn't believe until they put their fingers in the holes in His hands; two thousand years later, we're supposed to just believe. That's one of the things I struggled with when I was young and stupid and flirted with agnosticism. Now, I just accept that while the twelve idiots may not have been all that bright, but they were the right guys in the right place at the right time.

King David had Uriah the Hittite killed so that he could fuck the widow. The Apostles doubted Jesus at every turn, but still had the honor of knowing Christ. God plays favorites. It isn't fair and it doesn't seem right, but He does. That's the way it is.

The Treasury
For a few months now, I've had more money in my bank account than I owe as debt. It's a pretty cool feeling. I mean, doing so would basically wipe me out, but if I so chose I could eliminate all my debts tomorrow. Woot! Quite a change from when I left Ann Arbor, unable to cover my rent or pay for groceries. The one concrete advantage of living at home: I have essentially no living expenses.

No comments: