Saturday, May 19, 2007

BTW South Song of the Day
John Williams, "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: It is my policy to the list the Song of the Day on the day to which it is listened. Had we not listened to "Duel of the Fates" until after we climbed out of our beds on Saturday, even though it was Friday's song, then it would have appeared on The Secret Base on Saturday prefaced by Friday, May 18. As it happens, though, the universe and I reckon time differently. We listened to "Duel of the Fates" after midnight; so, by "proper" reckoning we heard Friday's Song of the Day on Saturday. But, I reckon days by sleep cycle; my Friday lasts from my awakening on Friday morning until I next fall asleep, even though that will in all likelihood be after midnight and thus technically on Saturday. But the proper reckoning of time can go bugger itself. We listened to "Duel of the Fates" after midnight, but it was still Friday to me; so, it gets bloggy blogged about on Friday.

As it was technically Saturday, May 19, though, we listened to "Duel of the Fates" on the eighth anniversary of the theatrical release of
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (which is also, not at all coincidentally, the second anniversary of the theatrical release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith). Once again, thank you, Mr. Lucas.

No comments: