Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Explorers Club
No. C - The extraordinary life of William Wilberforce (1759-1833), the man who ended slavery in the British Empire.





And I am quite enthusiastic about this last picture because of the shocking reality that I - I, the student of history; I, the unrivaled master of Trivial Pursuit - was almost entirely ignorant of Mr. Wilberforce's staggering contributions to Mankind until the film Amazing Grace, starring Ioan Gruffudd as William Wilberforce, prompted me to investigate this saintly man's life and career.




Project TROIKA
During Sunday's confab, Steeze and I decided - or, more accurately, he decided and I assented - that at this stage our top priority should be to collate all the disparate scraps of paper and electronic flotsam and jetsam on which resides the lion's share of Project TROIKA. And once collated, to compile the "Bible" that will serve as The Professor's principal source during the novelization of our year-long brainstorming. I don't at all mind pouring through my Project TROIKA notebook, looking at all the false starts and wrong turns taken since last November, but I dread the prospect of having to scour all the emails we've exchanged in that time. Beholding paper is ever so much more enjoyable than staring at a H.A.L. screen. (And, yes, I know very well that I could produce paper copies of all those emails through my printer, but that seems terribly wasteful.)

Grow or die.

The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, "Amazing Grace" via iTunes (T.L.A.M.)

Montag, 27 Oktober
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, "Me & Julio Down by the Schoolyard" from Have a Ball (T.L.A.M.)

No comments: