Friday, October 24, 2008

The Stars My Destination
A hyperlink clearinghouse to keep you updated on the latest and greatest events in Man's continuing quest to conquer the stars, in descending order from most to least manned.

The Endeavour prepares to once again challenge the final frontier: STS-126link.

The safe return to the good Earth of two second generation astronauts: space touristlink.

The old warhorse, from whom Opportunity and Spirit draw their inspiration to endure, just won't die: Hubblelink.

A frustrating delay in the launch of a super cool project: gravitylink.

A pair of hyperlinks about India's first lunar probe: countdownlink and blastofflink.

Also, if this isn't the most astonishing picture I've ever seen, it's in the running. That crane is awesome!




The Rebel Black Dot Songs of the Day
Green Day, "Extraordinary Girl" from American Idiot (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: I under the whole concept album idea, I do, and I see "Extraordinary Girl"'s importance to the story of American Idiot, but the song is strong enough, and for my money would be improved by being allowed, to stand on it own.

Donnerstag, 23 Oktober
They Might be Giants, "No One Knows My Plan" from John Henry (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Words to live, scheme, and plot by.

"I was careless,
I can see that now.
I must be silent,
Must contain my secret smile."

No comments: