Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vote For Kodos: Fight Night
I did not watch tonight's debate. Nor the first debate between Senators McCain and Obama, nor the debate between Governor Palin and Senator Biden. I know for whom I will vote and why, as well as why I shan't vote for the other fellow; so, forgive me if I sound cynical, but I simply see no point in watching the odd ritual of tap dancing and shadowboxing we call presidential debates. If any out there remain undecided, strange and indecipherable as I may find that position, I urge you to watch the remaining debate and explore extensively the websites and public records of both Senators Obama and McCain.

Voting is not just a right, but your civic duty.

Now, The Shadow boxing, that I'd pay good money to see. "The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. The Shadow knows!"

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day
Snmnmnm, "Somebody" from Snmnmnm (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Though I've owned Snmnmnm's Snmnmnm for the better part of a decade, and ripped the album into my iTunes library over a year and a half ago, I had no recollection whatsoever of "Somebody" when I typed "somebody" in iTunes's search feature. Shortly thereafter, after a second of third listen, it dawned upon me what a bizarrely romantic little ditty it is.

"Somebody once stole my arm.
Somebody once stole my leg.
Nobody ever stole my heart,
You were the only one."

And it gets weirder from there.

No comments: