Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Explorers' Club
№ CCCXXXV - "Kilroy was here."







The Victors | Project OSPREY
Saturday, 6 April 2013
N.C.A.A. Tournament, Final Four
(4) Michigan 61-56 Syracuse (4)
31-7, Big Ten 13-7

I did not see the valiant Wolverines' glorious victory over the epithetless Orange(men). I was in Lansing, being exemplified into the 4th Degree of the Knights of Columbus, an event scheduled long in advance, when the idea of Michigan advancing to the Final Four was nothing but a twinkling in John Beilein's eye. The exemplification was conducted at a maddeningly leisurely pace, lasting fourteen hours from beginning to end, transforming what should have been a fête into an ordeal. On Friday, I asked my father to record the game via our home's D.V.R. in the event that I had not returned in time for the game; he failed to do so. He recorded what the fiends at C.B.S. described as rebroadcasts of both Final Four games, but neither program recorded was a rebroadcast of a Final Four game, but instead more of the fiends at C.B.S. discussing the games' outcomes & previewing the Michigan-Louisville final. My father has often neither explanation nor apology for his refusal to comply with my original request. I had not wanted to know the outcome of the game, preferring to learn it by returning home & watching the recording that only later would I learn my father had declined to make, but as soon as it was over my mobile was inundated with congratulatory text messages. The well-wishers meant well, & given my druthers I would have indeed seen the game as they supposed I had.

Next: (1) Louisville for all the marbles, on Monday in Atlanta.

Go Blue!

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril
The Chinkees, "Hana" from The Chinkees… Are Coming! (T.L.A.M.)

Commentary: Still in the mood for Mike Park.

No comments: